Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. is now collecting resumes for full and/or part-time positions as Traffic Technicians in our Columbia, MD office.
Duties of this Position:
- Field data collection using specialized electronic boards to collect traffic data at intersections and roadways
- Installation of electromechanical/pneumatic data collection equipment on roadways
- Collecting and downloading travel time data using specialized GPS equipment/software
- Perform field studies and measurements of transportation data such as travel surveys, transit boarding counts, parking studies, etc.
- Perform field inventories of existing roadway characteristics and traffic control devices: lighting, traffic signal equipment, signing, pavement marking, transit, pedestrian and bicycle facilities
- Traffic data analysis and reporting using various traffic engineering software applications
- Downloading of interim data in the field using PDA's and laptops
- Retrieval and downloading of data from the equipment into a database in the office
- Drawing accurate (not to scale) sketches and diagrams of field conditions (roadway/ lane configurations, pavement markings, and traffic signage)
- Compiling digital photo and video logs, and measuring GPS coordinates
- Mapping of data collection locations
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Able to read Map
- Good sense of direction
- Must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record, and must have own reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule with availability 24/7 for non-standard work schedule including evenings and weekends
- No other employment commitments
- Positive and "quick learner" attitude
- Work well as a team member and follow all instructions
- Follows field safety protocols both in and out of vehicles
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Previous field experience preferred, with emphasis on roadway work
- Able to perform physical labor installing tubes, tapes, nails, etc.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to program mechanical traffic monitoring equipment
- U.S. Citizen or legal alien status
Please send or email your resume along with a cover letter identifying the position for which you are interested to:
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Malinda Haggerty
7055 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
All information received from applicants will remain confidential.